Friday

Frankenstein Nails

I was having a browse on YouTube for some ideas for Halloween nail art and i came across THIS VIDEO by missjenfabulous. I really like her simple designs that even a nail art newbie like myself can follow.

I fell in love with the Frankenstein nails, as they are a nice change from the usual pumpkin effort i do at this time of year. There may be a couple of NOTD designs over the next couple of days as i do love a good themed manicure.

I didn't have a good shade of green for the Frankenstein design so it was also a good excuse to feed my polish addiction. I picked up BeautyUK Sage Green in a haul i did yesterday.


In Jens version she used dotting tools and nail art pen to do the art bits but i saw a post recently (sorry I'm not sure who it was) where the person used an eyeliner for the drawing part which is what i had to hand today.




I've never used a BeautyUK polish before and i found this one surprisingly nice. Opaque in 2 coats, possibly could have got away with one even.



Using the eyeliner i drew on faces and stitches and did some googly eyes with white polish to bring him to life.

Finally I did a coat Seche Vite to make it nice and shiny.

Some sort of topcoat is really important if your using eyeliner for the art, or it'll just turn into a blurry mess when you wash your hands.

Have you done any Halloween nail art? If so let me know in the comments and make sure you subscribe for a couple more spooky designs coming between now and the 31st!

(I apologize for my hideous cuticles here, I've been a bit lax on the the old glove wearing, and well its so cold that it snowed a bit today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment