Wednesday

Soap and Glory The Breakfast Scrub



A few weeks ago i was making myself some dinner while watching YouTube videos. It was just another regular Tuesday night. Then i smelt something burning and then there was smoke, and that's when it hit me, i'd managed to turn the wrong ring on on the cooker and my iPad was on fire!!!!!

That story is relevant to this body scrub, i'll get to it, I promise.



I'd seen the virtues of this scrub on quite a few blogs and on YouTube. As a body brushing and shower gel kind of girl I've never been one for forking out money on scrubs but, as it always seems to be, there was a 3 for 2 at Boots so i thought i'd give it a whirl.


Small confession, its only now that i'm writing this post that I've realized that this product does actually have one of Soap and Glorys trademark funny names. I had thought that it was just because the scent is maple syrup and people have that on pancakes for breakfast... but now i see it The Breakfast Scrub= The Breakfast Club!! Ah, a brat pack classic....

Anyway, back to the review.

The scrub contains oats, shea butter and sugar these are all marvelous things in my book so it gets points right there, but somehow i didn't expect it to be quite so thick. It has the consistency of a firm paste, a bit like a firm peanut butter.

I had read a couple of reviews on MakeUp Ally before my purchase that said they were having trouble because of the texture. That it wouldn't spread on there skin, and i'm inclined to agree. If you scoop this out and place i directly on the bit of your anatomy you want to scrub it will likely clump and fall to the floor and wash down the drain never to be seen again. My tip with this problem is to put a blob on your hand, rub your hands together to loosen it slightly and then, bobs your merry uncle, you can scrub away :-)

I really like this scrub, it makes my skin soft and does a good thorough job on the exfoliation front. With some scrubs I've tried in the past I've felt like I end up pushing about 3 grains of sand around trying to get smooth!

The scent is maple syrup which might not float everyones boat but its not over powering. And it really does smell good enough to eat, although, purely for research purposes i have tested it, it tastes like soap :-(

Where does the iPad story some in?

Well ever since I've had this scrub there's been something about the scent that has been bugging me, but i couldn't quite put my finger on it, then it came to me, it has a very similar small to that of a singed iPad case.

Odd but true.

Do not try this at home.
No iPads were harmed in the making of this review


Do you have any Soap and Glory Favourites?

If you've got this far why not pop over and enter my Get Your Dupe On Giveaway CLICK HERE for details.





2 comments:

  1. S&G products are always so awesome!!!! Thanks for sharin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try this because I love scrubs and the hype over it has made me quite curious x

    ReplyDelete