Monday

And so it begins...

Today is a little bit of a difficult day for me.

Its Payday.

Its pathetic I know. Having a payday should be a reason for joy, laughter, merriment.

But this month, which i think is the first month ever, i'm filled with fear.

Last months musings about the state of my finances made me wonder about what im missing out on in life. Don't get me wrong i'm still definitely wanting to achieve those things but this fear im feeling is to do with the fear of not being able to not just run out and buy everything in sight.

The theory of not buying random stuff when you have no money is very easy to deal with, the reality of having money in the bank and trying to persuade yourself you still don't need those things is very different.

I knew this would be hard so I've assigned myself a small budget (£40) for buying a couple of new things so i  thought it'd be easy to start and make a change but there's a whole world of pretty things swirling around and my inner teenager is throwing a proper strop about not being let loose in Primark.



I'm shocked at the state of myself.

As well as my pocket money budget idea I've been trying to incentivise myself with 'the big picture'.

I looked around online and i've found what is pretty much my ideal world trip:


Round the world, new zealand

THE EXCLUSIVE

7 stops fr £1059

This Emirates beauty will take you to the heart of Asia, Australia, New Zealand and the US of A in seven sensational stops.

UK > Dubai > Sri Lanka > Singapore > Melbourne > Auckland > LA - overland - New York > UKStudent/youth fr £1059 | Open to everyone fr £1389









(Image and trip details: www.statravel.co.uk February 2013)

That trip is just the flights so i'd need to save more for accomadation and the like but it would just be an awesome experience....

But I'm still absolutely desperate to buy the 12 pairs of sunglasses that i have in my eBay watch list for my 7 day holiday in September. I already own 6 pairs of freaking sunglasses!!!!

I knoow that once i've got over this first hurdle that this not shopping thing will get easier but does anyone have any tips on how to get me through in the mean time?


No comments:

Post a Comment